Top 10 reasons to live in Windmills Of Your Mind
If I could, I would give you just one reason: nothing compares to it. But to do justice to the blog title, let me share the top 10 reasons.
1. World class facilities: The gated community has thought of everything to ensure you have a comfortable lifestyle. It has:
- an outdoor pool
- an indoor heated pool (for those of you who know Bangalore, it does get a tad nippy in winter time)
- a basketball court
- tennis court
- badminton court
- squash court
- pool table
- table tennis room
- a mini library
- movie screening theatre
- rooms to let for visiting guests
- Open grounds and children's playground
2. Built to international standards: Many expats and returning residents prefer living in WOYM because of its international standards in construction and facilities.Here, children from all nationalities interact with one another. It is wonderful to hear so many different accents.
3. A walking route dotted with sculptures, water features, landscaped gardens, right up to the fringe of Hoodi Lake where you can see herons, ducks and kingfishers. A landscaped sky park is being constructed too, complete with pergolas, deck chairs, a walking route and tropical plants.
4. It is right in the heart of tech park and accessible to many offices including Oracle, Mercedes Benz, Chrysler, Tesco, GE, Huawei etc.
5. It has a management body that looks after your needs for maintenance work, repair work, complaints, upgrades or any other needs as well as for general maintenance of the premises.
6. As if the sanctuary was not enough, WOYM has a wonderful array of leisure activities nearby:
- Windmills Craftworks, managed by Total Environment, is located just outside WOYM gates. It has its own brewery, succulent kebab platters and organises dance and music festivals, bringing renowned and emerging artistes from far and wide.
- A range of malls dot Whitefield - Inrobit, Phoenix City, VR Bengaluru and Forum Mall which are within 1.5 to 5km distance comprising cinemas, restaurants, shops and supermarkets.
7. Prestigious schools such as Ryan International, Delhi Public School and Indus International School are located within 5km radius of WOYM. Buses for Stonehill International School also service WOYM.
8. There are plans to let some space in the community area to F&B outlet and/or a mini-mart, bringing convenience at your doorstep.
9. Pase 2 of Namma Metro will connect Whitefiled from Hope Farm junction to Kengeri, cutting through MG Road and stretching 15km.
10. It has one of the nicest and most supportive communities. They come from all backgrounds and various nationalities including but not limited to Swedish, Chinese, Korean, American, Australian, German etc. They even have a WhatsApp group and are quick to help one another out. From organic mango exhibitions to movie screenings, to car washing recommendations to organic rubbish bags to celebrating festivals - they will do everything to create a communal atmosphere.